Monday 17 December 2012

'tis the season to be worried.

It's a busy time of year.  There's loads of balls in the air.  More than normal, if that's possible.

Tonight the kids ate McDonalds in the car at 8pm on the way back from shopping at Kmart.  Tonight was the only night we could spare for them to do their Christmas shopping for close relatives with the money they've been saving since October.  It's a big moment.  One not to be missed.  So we pushed through.

But Josh had a birthday party first and one thing led to another and everything got later and later.  Yet another late night for the poor little buggers.

I was supposed to be going to dinner with my Mother's Group mums, a bunch of top chicks.  Luckily it got cancelled or I would have been totally late and totally brain dead.  We have made a pact to catch up in January when we get our brains back.

Anyways, enough about that.  It's my particular crap, but it's no crappier than anyone else's.  In the greater scheme of things, it's not even that crappy.

With all that needs to be done, I can't help but worry.  Worry is all I do.  Christmas is the time for worrying, what with all the emotion and expectation invested in one little day.  And I can worry for Australia.

1.  I'm worried Sarah's Heelys (delivered from the USA because even with delivery they're cheaper than Skater HQ) are too small or she'll grow out of them really fast.  They're her main present and she's wanted them for ages.  She is such a darling girl, I want them to be right for her.

2. I'm worried that I can't see a time in the four days ahead where I will have a chance to pack.

3.  I'm worried I won't wake up on time on Saturday and we'll sleep in and miss our traffic free window.

4.  I'm worried I'll worry all night about waking up and not get any sleep and be cactus for the drive to Brisbane.

5.  I'm worried everything is not going to fit in the car.

6.  I'm worried it's going to be cold and rainy in Brisbane for about the 8th Christmas in a row.

7.  I'm worried because we're only staying a week, we won't stay long enough with anyone.

8.  I'm worried the kids have too many presents and don't understand the Real Meaning Of Christmas and it's all my fault.

9.  I'm worried I'm going to/have already drunk too much champagne.

10.  I'm worried the champagne is going to run out.

Are we having fun yet?