Sunday 20 May 2012

Good Energy

There's nothing like a hit of good energy.  This weekend I received a whole heap of top notch energy when we attended my bestie's 40th birthday dinner in the Southern Highlands.  This required the Christensens to pack up for a sleepover in a big old house filled with 14 of my favourite people.

I'm slowly getting used to one of our closest family friends living an hour and a half (on a good day) away instead of a minute and a half.  It's not all bad, in fact, it's pretty fabulous, cause we get to visit, see the beauty of the country down there, let our kids run around with theirs on acreage, climb trees and play with the dog etc.

There's also a really scary pig.

The first class of bubbles (at 4pm) went down easily, followed by many (too many) more.  It was a huge treat, spending the evening with a group of people I love and can completely relax with and a wonderful celebration of my mate's 40th, which was nothing more than she deserved.


We were there for 24 hours of mad, noisy and chaotic fun.  And there was still lots of sitting around shooting the breeze in between chaotic moments.  I look forward to visiting them many, many times in the future.

The good energy, it should last me for quite a while.  Hopefully the hangover will be over soon.