Tuesday 15 May 2012

Fidgety

Today I resemble at best, a duck, you know the simile, all serene on the top of the water, paddling like s**t underneath.  And that's at best, if I'm honest, the frantic feeling shows on my face and in my actions.

And when I do get a few minutes to sit down and watch my beloved third child have her preschooler tennis (cause she so needs to learn tennis at 4), I will check my phone six times, text someone for no reason, read an article on email, all while chatting to the other mums.  No just sitting still and watching her miss the ball six times.  No sireee.

Tuesdays are messy in our house.  We have assorted errands to run, and three extracurricular activities, several costume changes, including a final one into pyjamas after swimming.  Dinner has to be sorted early because we don't get home until nearly 6:30.  Hello slow cooker.   www.abeachcottage.com/2012/05/easy-curry-chicken-recipe.html

I think this is why I struggle to settle when I do get time to write.  It's difficult to break the habit of doing several things at once and thinking of what's next and who needs to be where.

I know I'm not alone here.  In fact, I think I'm in pretty good company.  May be force be with you all.